As part of our effort to be easy to do business with, we strive to make our products and services accessible for all users, including individuals with disabilities. To ensure individuals with disabilities have access to our goods and services, we provide the following:
We have adopted the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 Level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative (W3C WAI) as our website accessibility standard and are working to ensure that our websites comply with that standard, as well as Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act. We are also working to ensure that any Anthem applications for mobile devices comply with WCAG 2.1 AA to the extent possible and within our control.
For more insight about website accessibility visit the Web Accessibility Initiative website w3.org/WAI. We test content for accessibility during production. Our website is also monitored and tested to identify and fix usability issues. Our current accessibility features include:
- Alternative text for appropriate images and other non-text elements.
- ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) attributes for additional information about links and indication of new browser windows.
- Structural markup to indicate headings and lists (semantics) to aid in page comprehension.
- Association of form fields with labels, and form error messages with ARIA attributes to the form field.
- Association of all data cells in a data table with their headers and only using table structures for tabular data (not for design).
- All pages have page titles and title tags written for easy comprehension of the page content.
- We validate that all links and buttons can be accessed with a keyboard in a logical tab order and that all content is read to assistive technologies in the correct reading order.